The Ryder Cup was finally upon us. Years of planning in Wales is now coming to "go" time. The buzz in the air was fantastic but nothing compared to a ND home game! Jason and Amy had a wonderful time. Aaron was having a good time until Saturday afternoon. And myself, well, it could of been better. I was sick for entire event. I got a horrible sinus infection with a fever. I worked on Tuesday then was off until Saturday. Upon coming into work on Tuesday, I did run into the American team practicing and saw Tiger hit his drive & saw golf on Saturday morning but other than that, I saw nothing up close and personal. It was all on TV. I haven't been this sick in quite a while. It was not fun & I am sure it wasn't fun for Aaron & our guests.
On Saturday, Aaron fell at the course. From all the rain on Friday, the spectator area was a muddy mess. The mud, to me, was almost mud volleyball like. Although on Saturday it didn't rain, the course had no time to dry up. People were covered with mud and sliding all over the place. Aaron was on the way to the meeting place where I was to meet him when I was done with my shift. Part of the temporary walking path sunk into the mud and he sprained his right ankle pretty bad and pulled his left leg. He saw the paramedics while at the event and they wrapped up his ankle and said he had a shin splint in the left shin. I felt so bad for him. He was covered in mud and even had some in his hair. It wasn't until Sunday that his left leg really started to bother him. He did go to the doctor here and has been told he has a torn ligament in his left leg. Aaron was unable to go back for any Sunday or Monday play. Someone is going to hear about this at the Ryder Cup!
Anyways, I have learned a valuable lesson. I will not work an event like this again. The middle of the day shift wasn't the best. It didn't give enough golf watching time. It was hard work for the free ticket. I think I will save this for the younger kids. :)
Josh wants to know if Aaron was wearing his golf cleats...but it sounds like it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe pig farmer boots with mountain climber straps may have been better??? Maybe not so much. Ouch!! Sorry you both were down and out, literally. Hope you're back on your feet again soon. Carla, I bet you'd make an excellent barmaid at the local pub. Just sayin. Love you guys!!! WOW, it's almost mid-October...we will see you soon! Hugs...
ReplyDelete